On this day in 1966, The Beatles performed their final official concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco.
In honour of the mop topped quartet, we thought we’d pay homepage to their home town and give you our very own run down of the top 10 things to do in the maritime city of Liverpool…
1. Pay a visit to the Albert Docks – check out the Maritime Museum, Tate Liverpool and local boats
2. Enjoy a spot of shopping in the Liverpool ONE open-air shopping centre
3. Hop on a boat for a scenic tour of the River Mersey
4. Go for a ride in a light aircraft from John Lennon Airport
5. Take a leisurely stroll through Sefton Park
6. Have a drink and catch a live band at the world-famous Cavern Club
7. Head behind the scenes of Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium for a fully-guided tour
8. Soak up the city’s history and culture with a trip to the official Museum of Liverpool
9. Embark on a magical mystery tour by visiting the wonderful Beatles Story attraction
10. If the weather’s nice, take a trip out to nearby Crosby Beach
If this has made you want to visit Liverpool and you are looking for some accommodation, why not check out our Four Star Luxury Break at the Liverpool Marriott Hotel?