Chocolatey Easter Treats – Birds Nests
Looking for something sweet to make with the kids or with friends this Easter? The chocolatey holiday coming up deserves to be marked with a special treat, so why not try these simple chocolate birds nests?
They are so quick and easy to make and we think they look pretty good! To make about 14 cakes, you will need:
- 300g milk chocolate (or white or plain- whatever you fancy!)
- 120g Shredded Wheat or similar (we used 6 standard sized biscuits)
- A bag or two of mini speckled chocolate eggs (we used 28 – two per cake)
- Cupcake cases
- Whatever else you want to use for decoration!
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of hot water.
- Crush the cereal biscuits in a big bowl with extra room for mixing.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the crushed cereal and mix until completely chocolatey and covered.
- Place big dollops of the mix into the cupcake cases – try and make a nest shape.
- Put chocolate eggs in the middle of each nest.
- Decorate and leave to cool.
- Once set, get chomping!
Simple, tasty and eggstremely Eastery! Here’s a video of the action.
If you fancy getting creative and know a chocolate lover, why not try a chocolate making workshop?