Nutella Day is upon us and so we have scoured the internet to find you the best of all things Nutella in honour of this annual day, celebrated by many, right across the planet.
Nutella Day was born just over a decade ago, the brainchild of Italian American blogger Sarah Rosso who decided to dedicate one day of the year to her favourite spread. So since February 5th 2007, Nutella Day has become a worldwide chance for lovers of the iconic spread to unite, celebrate and encourage newbies to try it for the first time! These Nutella recipes should get you even more excited about this most beloved of chocolate hazelnut spreads.
What is better than brownies or Nutella? Mix them together to create the ultimate chocolate indulgence!
Makes: 16 small brownies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
To make the brownies you need:
- One cup of chocolate chips
- Six ounces of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Half a cup of Nutella
- One and a half cups of granulated sugar
- Four ounces of unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- Three large egg whites and one egg yolk
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Three quarters of a cup of all purpose flour
- One quarter of a cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- One quarter teaspoon of fine sea salt
- Two handfuls of chopped hazelnuts (for extra texture)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwavable bowl, add chocolate chips, butter and chocolate and place it in the microwave for one minute before stirring.
- Continue to heat and stir the ingredients in 30 second intervals until the mixture is melted to a smooth consistency, before removing from the microwave and letting it cool slightly,
- Stir in the Nutella.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs and sugar until light and thick. Then beat in the vanilla extract and stir the cooled chocolate mixture in.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt by folding the mixture gently until all combined. Add hazelnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake in the oven for about 35 – 40 minutes or until the mixture is moist with crumbs still attached.
- Take out of the oven and let the brownies cool to room temperature.
NOTE: Do not over bake the brownies, under-baked is definitely better!
Looking for the perfect accompaniment to Nutella Brownies? Why not try this Nutella Milkshake recipe which takes just five minutes to make.
- Three cups of vanilla ice-cream
- Half a cup of Nutella, plus extra for dunking bottle tops into.
- One cup of low fat milk or full fat cream
- Hundreds and thousands for decoration
- Mix the ice-cream, Nutella and milk together in a blender until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Place some Nutella in a small bowl and dunk the top of your glasses or bottles (that the milkshakes will be served up in) into it. Make sure that the rim or tops of the bottles have chocolate on them, then sprinkle some hundreds and thousands onto the chocolate to create a pretty looking glass.
- Pour the milkshakes into the glasses or bottles and enjoy!