Everyone’s scared of something, but some phobias are more unusual than others.
Inspired by a recent trip to The Science Museum, here are 10 of the world’s most unusual and wonderfully weird phobias. Read on, if you dare…
- Coulrophobia: an acute fear of clowns
- Lachanophobia: a fear of vegetables
- Somniphobia: a fear of falling asleep
- Triskaidekaphobia: a fear of the number 13
- Omphalophobia: a fear of bellybuttons
- Papaphobia: a fear of The Pope
- Allodoxaphobia: a fear of opinions
- Barophobia: a fear of gravity
- Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia: a fear of long words (ironically)
- Panophobia: a fear of everything!
If you know someone who is scared of heights, we have a whole host of flying experiences to help them face their fears.
What are you most afraid of?
Images:ALYSSA L. MILLER, MOHAMMED ALNASER, STEVE JURVETSON and THOMAS HAWK via Flickr