Manchester is one of the UK’s most vibrant major cities and come rain or sunshine, it’s well worth exploring.
If you’re thinking about paying it a visit and wondering what’s on offer, here’s our guide of the top 10 things to do in Manchester…
- Listen to home grown artists and buy a vinyl or two at Piccadilly Records
- Soak up a little culture at the Manchester Art Gallery
- Pay a visit to city quays – home to Old Trafford and The Imperial War Museum
- Take a tour of Manchester City FC’s Etihad Stadium
- Check out ancient Egyptian artefacts at the Manchester Museum
- Try on some fancy dress at the quirky maze that is Afflecks Palace
- Take a relaxing narrow boat tour on the Manchester Shipping Canal
- Experience a SeaTREK at SEA LIFE Manchester
- Grab a bite to eat in Chinatown
- Do a spot of bar hopping in Manchester’s vibrant Northern Quarter
If our top 10 things to do in Manchester has made you want to enjoy a day trip, but if you’d rather take a trip to Merseyside, check out our quick fire Liverpool city guide.
Images: GIDZY, NEIL HOWARD and MIKEY via Flickr