Christmas is finally just a few days away.
By now, most of us have put up our twinkling trees, watched a few classic holiday movies and started munching on mince pies. But, what about the Christmas shopping?
If you’ve still got stockings to fill, we’re here to help with some last minute gift ideas for the perfect presents. Last minute gifts don’t have to lack in thought. In fact, we’ve got a range of physical gifts and experience days for Christmas that could make your present the best of the lot.
Get your gifts delivered in time
Before we get into some gift ideas, we want to make sure you get all your items in time. To receive your order before Christmas, here are the important dates to take note of. Please note products in a our Gifts & Hampers range have earlier delivery cut of dates starting as early as December 16th, please check on the individual product page for details.
For our experience gifts the following last order dates are as follows:
- Standard delivery: Order by Monday 21 December before 15:00
- Next-day delivery: Order by Tuesday 22 December before 15:00
- Online gift vouchers: If it’s Christmas Eve and you’re still looking for gifts, don’t worry. Our e-vouchers can be delivered instantly to your inbox.
Get them a personalised Christmas gift or hamper
Everyone loves a gift with a personal touch, especially at Christmas. Personalise your choice of gift, from retro sweet hampers to photo frames, tea boxes, fishing gear, cushions, bath salts and more. Depending on your choice, our gifts can be personalised with your loved one’s initial, name and a special message.
This year, we’ve also introduced some new gifts to our range, including wooden tea light holders, luxury alcohol gift sets, and themed newspaper and quiz books. You’re sure to find something they’ve never received before.
And for the ultimate personalised gift they’ll cherish forever, name a rose or a star after your loved one, or send them a personalised message in a bottle.
Gift a photoshoot for couples, family or friends
If 2020 taught us one thing, it is just how special and important families and friends are. For Christmas, the chance to capture new moments together in 2021 could be a treasured gift.
Gift them a professional photoshoot at various locations across the UK. They can pose with their other half in a couples’ photoshoot or get the whole family involved in an hour-long session. If they have children, they might love the chance to send them on an Enchanted Children’s Fairy and Elf Photoshoot Experience, or Superhero CAPOW Photoshoot. Not only will the photos make a lovely gift, but the kids will love dressing up too.
Looking for something suitable for friends? Share a good laugh with a Group Underwater Photoshoot at TankSpace, complete with costumes. Or, if your friend was one of many that got a new four-legged friend during lockdown, treat them to a Pet Portrait Photoshoot where they can capture all that cuteness forever.
Send them on an unforgettable experience
Not sure if an experience day is the best gift at the moment? We’re happy to say that all our experiences currently come with a COVID guarantee. If any experience you choose is affected by area restrictions, we will extend or exchange your voucher completely free of charge. You’ll have up to 20 months to redeem your experience, so it’s a gift your loved one can use now or look forward to. And there are loads of experiences to suit anyone.
For the adventurous type…
- Send them down the tallest and longest tunnel slide in the world. Measuring 178 metres tall, The Slide at the ArcelorMittal Orbit lets them enjoy panoramic views of London before whizzing down at up to 15 miles per hour.
- How about gliding through the mountains of Snowdonia on the longest and fastest zip line in Europe? With our Zip World Velocity experience for two, they’ll soar 500 feet over gorgeous lakes, reaching speeds of over 100 miles per hour.
- For something a bit slower paced, send them 2,000 feet into the air in an enchanting hot air balloon ride, where they’ll also be treated to a glass of bubbles.
For those who want to learn a new skill…
- Gift them the chance to learn a new skill in 2021. Send them on a cocktail making masterclass or off on a day learning to make craft gin. If they’re more the foodie type, let them learn how to make sushi, including maki and nigiri.
- For those who want to pursue a hobby, you can send them for a lesson with a Marriott golf pro. They might also enjoy a cake decorating class, or a beginner’s magic masterclass.
- Want to give someone the gift of peace and tranquillity? We’ve got lots of short breaks to choose from. Send them to the country hotel of their dreams or send them glamping for the weekend.
- Perhaps it’s a deluxe spa day that will hit the spot? Spoil them with a day of massages, facials, pedicures and rejuvenating sessions in the steam room. You can pick from short treatments to half-day indulgences with yummy treats, or even an entire weekend spa getaway.
Go for a voucher
If you can’t decide between gifts, hampers or experiences, you can always go with an e-voucher. Give them the gift to choose exactly what they want or would like to do, with gift cards to the value of your choice. These cards are emailed to you in seconds, to help you finish off any last-minute Christmas shopping.This is just a small sample of the gift options you can find at Red Letter Days. For more ideas, you can browse our full selection of Christmas gifts, or explore some of our other Christmas blog posts. We guarantee you’ll find something they’ll love, right on time.