Go Racing – The Cheltenham Festival and more
It’s time for another season of great National Hunt or jump racing! Thousands will gather to enjoy the spectacle of high-class sporting action, whilst the horses, jockeys and owners battle it out for the highest racing honours at Cheltenham Festival – its the season to go racing!
CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL – did you know…
- First held at Cheltenham in 1861, the annual festival has been a regular feature in the racing calendar since the early 20th century
- It always takes place in March and the 2015 festival has four themed days, each promising a unique atmosphere – Champion Day, Ladies Day, St. Patrick’s Thursday and Gold Cup Day
- Attendance records were smashed in 2013 when crowds of over 67, 000 attended the final day
- Ruby Walsh has been named Top Jockey for seven out of the last 10 years
- Our top tip for this year’s Cheltenham Gold Cup is Road to Riches
Horse racing events offer something for everyone. We highly recommend dressing up and joining racing fans for a fun day out. In case you miss out on Cheltenham or are looking for alternatives, we offer a few experience options on a horse theme.
Go racing – choose from a range of locations across the country and spend a day at a premier race track. Start with a free drink, read your programme, then go behind the scenes for an exclusive tour of the grounds before moving into the enclosure and maybe placing a bet.
An exciting aspect of Cheltenham Festival is big betting, and if you want to get involved take a look at our racehorse ownership package. Pick a horse from a selection of top runners and enjoy the benefits of attending the races as part owner when it runs. If you are a racing read our pevious spotlight on jockey A P Mc Coy
Just got back from an exciting day at a horse race and can’t wait to test your riding skills? Choose a horse riding class that includes a practical lesson and one hour trek though beautiful English countryside.
For anyone looking for something really different, try our Western horse riding experience and become a cowboy or a cowgirl for a day. Perfect for beginners as well as experienced riders – yee-har!