10 Reasons NOT to Ditch Caffeine!
We’re always hearing stories in newspapers about the benefits of cutting out caffeine, and yet coffee shops are thriving. Coffee hot or cold is more popular than ever.
So let’s look on the bright side, with 10 reasons why caffeine and coffee aren’t all that bad.
2. The Ritual. Whether it’s part of your morning routine, or a lunchtime pick-me-up, if you use a cafetiere or have a favourite coffee shop with a barista that knows your order, there’s something comforting in the routine of coffee.
3. Improves Memory. Studies have shown that caffeine can help your memory, maybe that’s why you never forget about your morning coffee or tea!
4. The Smell. The smell of coffee is so appealing that many perfumes contain notes of it and some perfumes are based entirely around its aroma. We love coffee, but we’re not sure we’d go as far as to spritz it all over.
5. The Taste. Real coffee purists love the taste of coffee so much, they believe it should be taken without milk and sugar. We think – if it tastes good, do it! Lots of things are flavoured with coffee, chocolate and cake being the first that spring to mind. If you cut out caffeine, think of all the other things you would be missing out on!
6. The Variety. Caffeine comes in many forms – tea, energy drinks and even chocolate. When it comes to coffee, you can have it black, white or a large caramel macchiato, skim, extra shot, extra-hot, extra-whip, sugar-free – variety is the spice of life after all!
7. Stimulates Hair Growth. It has been said that caffeine can help with hair thinning or hair loss. But you don’t need to pour coffee on your head, there are plenty of caffeine shampoos for anyone who is interested in waking up their hair follicles.
8. Plants Love It Too. Ground coffee is a great addition to compost. While fresh grounds are fairly acidic, used grounds are basically ph neutral and perfect for composting. Once you’ve enjoyed your coffee, your plants can enjoy too.
10. The Social Element. As well as perking you up and therefore making you more sociable, coffee is a great excuse to meet up with friends. On a cold day, ducking into a coffee shop for a sit down, a hot drink and a chat is amazing. And if you don’t have any friends around, coffee shops usually have free WiFi – so you can chat using that!